Re. Future Collective are excited to launch W.A.I.R.; an artist in residency programme which explores the heritage, commuinity and architecture of the Waterworks Estate in North Edgbaston.
Re. Future are an arts and architecture collective that have been delivering heritage and arts community engagement activities in and around the Waterworks Estate since 2013. W.A.I.R. will see a significant step-change in Re. Future’s delivery as they explore and produce site-specific visual artworks made in partnership with the local community. The residency will culminate in a showcase of ambitious works informed by the heritage, stories and architecture of the area. Our artists will be working to open up under-used spaces in the area – Perrott’s Folly, the Rangers Lodge and the Edgbaston Reservoir – to understand connections between the space and its residents.
The project will also celebrate Re.Future becoming permanent residents on the Waterworks Estate; from Autumn 2017 they will take over management of Perrott’s Folly, an 18th Century Folly Tower at the Heart of the Estate.
If you are a local resident or interested in heritage, follies, art or making positive change, here’s how you can get involved:
• Come to our Workshops – entry is free and all welcome.
• Come to our Artists Talks – learn about our artists, their arts practice and approach
to the residency.
• Come to our Open Studios – see how our artists work, ask questions and share in a
• Work with us to put on the show in 2018.
• Watch the conversation between artists evolve on our online studio wall
We can’t wait to get started and look forward to meeting you on our journey!
The Re. Future Team